Ask for the Damn Sale
To do your best work for clients, you have to be taken care of yourself. Yet so many entrepreneurs struggle with asking for the sale.
We hide. We play small. We fail to follow up.
Tepsii understands the ongoing challenge of changing your money mindset and learning to value yourself and the work you do. Though she understood marketing conceptually, her first entrepreneurial ventures were unsuccessful because she wasn’t consistently putting herself out there.
But when Tepsii started using live video as a tool, her brand skyrocketed. She shared her triumphs and challenges, and as people invested in her life, they wanted to work with her. Tepsii’s next challenge was learning how to charge what she was worth.
Now Tepsii coaches other entrepreneurs to #askforthedamnsale. Today she shares her unique parenting journey, discussing the differences among her daughters and how the birth of her youngest inspired her to start an online business. I ask Tepsii how she learned to market her business and what holds entrepreneurs back from playing big. Listen in for insight around getting obsessed with your own success and consistently asking for the sale.
The Startup Pregnant Podcast Episode #035
Some quotes from the episode
- “Being a holistic person has really helped me shape my brand and create connections with people who end up wanting to work with me and sign up to my services or buy my courses.”
- “Don’t be afraid to learn new tools and skills and add them as you go along. You don’t have to do all the things at once to be successful.”
- “70—90% of all business that we get as entrepreneurs is through referrals.”
- “I had to start with doing some money mindset working and learning the value of who I am.”
- “I started having to practice saying it to myself: I’m good at what I do. I deserve to charge this. People want to pay me because they know they’re going to get a quality product in exchange for what they paid.”
- “Ask for the damn sale. Show up for yourself. Show up for your clients. And the only way you can do that effectively is when you’re taken care of, right? You can’t be worrying about your bills and—at the same time—giving your all to your clients.”
- “You’re not going to get what you want if you don’t take action.”
- “We hide, we play small, we don’t follow up with people, we don’t add things to our calendar that are really important … we do so many things. I think every single day, you have to be obsessed with your success.”
LEARN MORE ABOUT TEPSII
Tepsii is a copywriter and business strategist who helps entrepreneurs create businesses they love. She is the creator of Tepsii’s Online Business School and Write to Profit, a revolutionary DIY copywriting program. Tepsii specializes in sales copy that converts, and clients use her sales pages to generate $100K product and program launches. She is also a passionate advocate for underserved communities, working to integrate activism into her teaching and speaking platforms.
- Tepsii’s Website
- Tepsii on Facebook
- #CopyBesties Facebook Group
- Tepsii on Twitter
- Tepsii on Instagram
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
THE STARTUP PREGNANT PODCAST & HOST
- Startup Pregnant
- Startup Pregnant Newsletter
- Email email@example.com
- Startup Pregnant on Facebook
- Startup Pregnant on Twitter
- Sponsor the Podcast
- Sponsor the Podcast
EPISODE SPONSOR & SPECIAL OFFER
We are putting together a weekly newsletter discussing the joys, the pains, the difficulties and the really useful strategies that make motherhood and work a little more joyful. Sign up at https://startuppregnant.com/newsletter. If you’ve got something in particular that you want us to work on, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All of our sponsor offers are available on our website for you to grab the perks and discounts offered to podcast listeners: http://startuppregnant.com/sponsors.