Baby announcement! Henry joined us in October.
It’s been about four months since I gave birth to my baby boy, and now we’ve got two littles in our household. A toddler and a baby and a business is a handful, for sure. I’m slowly getting back into the studio and back into recording.
I’ll be honest—I was a little scared to get back behind the microphone because I’m not sure my words are coming together. All the things about postpartum I’m living right now, and I feel a little foggy-headed, a lot tired, and sometimes I just run out of steam by mid-afternoon. (“Sometimes” is very generous there.) But the best I can do is be kind to myself, do the best I can, and let my best be good enough.
We don’t have to be perfect. (I’m saying this to you as well as me.)
Thanks for being here, listening, as always while I was away on maternity leave with baby number two.
In today’s episode, I give a brief update on:
- How the birth of baby number two was.
- What’s coming up on the podcast (we have some special guest series coming up).
- The status of the mastermind (applications are now open).
- What major shift we made in our family that affected my work, and how we’re changing things up going forward.
The Startup Pregnant Podcast Episode #097
Some quotes from the episode:
- I made a game-day decision when my baby was 8 weeks old and changed the plan. It wasn’t easy, but it was right for me and my family.
- Thanks for being here and being part of the journey. I’m living out loud as much as I can, and it’s not easy.
- I’m recording this while my toddler, newborn, and husband are in the other room. If you hear yelling or background noise, it’s because there is yelling and background noise.
- For the next year, I’m cutting my work hours in half. I don’t know if it’s the right decision. I’ll report back in a year on how it goes.
- I have to be open to the plan changing and shifting every two months. It’s not easy to stay that resilient and flexible, but it’s worth it.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
EPISODE SPONSOR & SPECIAL OFFER
THE STARTUP PREGNANT PODCAST & HOST
- Startup Pregnant
- Startup Pregnant Newsletter
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Startup Pregnant on Facebook
- Startup Pregnant on Instagram
- Startup Pregnant on Twitter
- Sponsor the Podcast
- Review Startup Pregnant on iTunes
Photograph of Sarah and Henry by Allison Hooban Photography.