Over the last few weeks, I’ve been interviewing the first group of people who are joining us this year for The Wise Women’s Council, our year-long program to bring together working parents in a supportive community.
During the interview process, I get on the phone with every single applicant, meet you, discuss your business and personal goals, and listen to more of you story. I also ask if you have any questions—and yes, you all have had so many questions!
Next week we’re hosting an Open House to answer any questions you have about The Wise Women’s Council.
If you want to know how it works, who it’s for, why I designed it the way I did, or what you can expect to get out of the program, come join us at the free open house to ask any questions you want to about the program and who it’s right for.. Here are the details for how to join us:
Wise Women's Council—Open House + Q/A
Wednesday, February 12th, 2020
10AM San Francisco — 1PM New York — 6PM London
We’ll be streaming live in our private Facebook Group.
If you’re not on Facebook, the call will be recorded and I’ll post the replay here on the Startup Pregnant blog the day after the open house. We’ll be joined by our coaches, Michelle Florendo and Cary Fortin (both who have new second babies, so they may be pumping or with a kiddo on the call—this is normal, and in the group you can show up with messy hair or however you are.) You won’t be on video in the Q/A, you’ll get to watch and post questions in the comments.
Got a question? Share your questions and curiosities with me. There are no wrong or bad questions—you can ask me anything you’d like about the program, how it works, who it’s for, and what to expect. If you have a question you know you want us to answer, drop it in the comments on this blog.
For example, here are some of the questions I’ve been asked so far:
- What if you’re still very new in business—is this the right program for you?
- How much of a time commitment is it, really?
- Can companies or leadership teams record this as a business expense? (Yes, and I can provide a receipt for your workplace for educational training and executive coaching.)
- How do you pick the people who join?
- I’m on the fence about applying because I’m not sure if this is what I need right now—how would you make this decision?
- I’m newly pregnant and unsure about everything that’s coming my way—should I join now or wait until later?
- I didn’t have the luxury of a maternity leave, and I’m figuring out how to best allocate resources. What would you recommend?
- I work in a bigger business that’s well-known, and in a team of about 200 people. I want to connect with more working women to bring flexibility and family-friendly policies to my workspace. Do you think this group would help me with that?
- How do you pick your themes each year?
- How do you pick your guest teachers each year?
- How will you assign people to small groups and do we get to pick which coach we have?
If you have any questions about The Wise Women’s Council, post your questions in the comments or join us for the Facebook Live on Wednesday, February 12th.