New Year’s Annual Reflection Process
The holiday season serves as an ideal time to take a CEO Day—a structured space and time you set aside to dream, to plan, to dig into the work you want to do in the coming year. I have developed an annual review process that allows me to reflect on the goals and ambitions I had a year ago, evaluate what went well and what was challenging, and use that information to inform what I want to achieve in the next 12 months.
Today, I’m walking you through my 10-question annual review process, discussing how I approach looking back at the previous year and planning for the future. I describe the way I reflect on major milestones, what I have learned in the past year, and what feels unfinished. Listen in for insight around setting intentions when it comes to relationships—and learn how to design measurable goals for the year ahead.
The Startup Pregnant Podcast Episode #092
Some quotes from the episode
- “If there’s anything that really inspires me for the year, it’s to spend the first day of the year doing the thing that you want most out of the year.”
- “Every year, I do this annual reflection where I look back at the past year, and I think about this upcoming year ahead and what I want—and make a list of my dreams and my goals.”
- “What were the major milestones for you this past year?”
- “It’s not just the doing of things that happens, it’s also us. We, as a vehicle, as a body, as a mind, as an entity. Our capabilities change over time.”
- “The more we grease the wheels of gratitude, the easier it gets.”
- “Explore what feels unfinished.”
- “You don’t have to read every book that you’ve been given, you don’t have to read every article that’s been posted on the internet … and you don’t have to do every course that you buy.”
- “If I could only do, get, or be one thing this upcoming year, which one would it be?”
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
EPISODE SPONSOR & SPECIAL OFFER
This podcast is made possible by Alavita Nutrition, a tremendous resource when it comes to food, health, and wellness. The Alavita team is on a mission to make eating good food and understanding nutrition easier for busy moms. Head to https://www.alavitanutrition.com/ and use the code ‘startup pregnant’ for 20% off their self-paced programs or a nutrition consultation.
All of our sponsor offers are available on our website for you to grab the perks and discounts offered to podcast listeners: http://startuppregnant.com/sponsors.
THE STARTUP PREGNANT PODCAST & HOST
- Startup Pregnant
- Startup Pregnant Newsletter
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Startup Pregnant on Facebook
- Startup Pregnant on Instagram
- Startup Pregnant on Twitter
- Sponsor the Podcast
- Review Startup Pregnant on iTunes