Join me in my podcast (and my mission) to share deeper, wiser, and more profound stories of women at work. Through these personal narratives and stories, I am guiding a larger conversation about femininity, energy, creativity, and leadership. We’re looking for backers and advertisers so please consider supporting us!
A podcast about women in life, leadership, & work
The podcast is a way to bring women to the table to have a conversation about what it means to be a woman in leadership and in work, all while raising families.
The podcast looks at deep human question around what it means to become a parent, to grow a business, to embrace a body of work, to deal with failure, to shift in identity, to learn, and to grow. Throughout both “Startup” and “Pregnant,” we look at what it means to undergo these most profound transformations that come with creating new things from scratch.
Startup Pregnant isn’t strictly about startups and pregnancy; instead, it’s about the deep transformative power that growing businesses and babies taps into, and how we change as a result. Transformation isn’t easy, in fact, it’s often painful, but it’s one of the most beautiful parts of being a human.
In the podcast, we talk to parents, mothers, pregnant women, and co-parents—from the startup CEO who is desperately learning how to build a better system for embracing women into the hustle of startup culture, to women entrepreneurs building businesses, to people struggling with infertility, miscarriage, or loss, to fathers on their journey into parenthood. In these conversations with men, women, and parents we talk about what they decide and choose and how it’s shaped their life and experiences. Across it all we thread together the collective wisdom from birthing new projects and forging new identities.
The podcast will address questions like:
- What can business learn from women and pregnancy, and what can pregnancy learn from business?
- How did the growth of your business / family affect how you showed up in the world?
- How can these two systems better learn from each other, build off of each other, and re-imagine what women in the workforce can look like?
- How do you craft a parental leave policy that makes sense in the ever-changing world of business?
- What do you wish your CEOs and colleagues knew about pregnancy and the journey into parenthood?
- How does parenthood change your work life, for the better? How does it change your creativity or management style?
- How do these powerful forces of feminine energy, willpower, and strength intersect and provoke better entrepreneurship, invention, and collaboration?