What Surprised Me Most About Parenting
No one ever told me that ________ would happen in pregnancy. No one ever told me ________ about parenting.
Without a doubt, you have multiple responses to these fill-in-the-blank prompts. And when I asked the Startup Pregnant community to share what surprised them most about pregnancy and parenting, the answers were funny, thought-provoking, poignant—and raw.
Today, I’m sharing those responses with you, discussing the physical and emotional revelations that accompany becoming a mother as well as the impact the experience can have on your partnership. Listen in for insight around cultivating empathy for the wide range of pregnancy and parenting experiences and learn the immense value in sharing our stories!
The Startup Pregnant Podcast Episode #070
Some quotes from the episode
- “We have to get away from the myth that there’s one way [parenting] is going to look, and if we don’t talk about something, it doesn’t mean it’s not happening.”
- “By starting the conversation, I want to just start to have a little more empathy for the wide range of experiences.”
- “Newsflash: We can coexist with multiple points of view and multiple perspectives. We don’t have to agree, and we don’t have to be at odds because we don’t necessarily agree about everything.”
- “There’s no one path to pregnancy; there’s no one path to parenting.”
- “[My second pregnancy is] really making me realize how unique each individual human is.”
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
EPISODE SPONSOR & SPECIAL OFFER
Thank you to the sponsor of this episode: Aeroflow Breastpumps. They are dedicated to making the hassle of getting your breast pump a little bit easier—actually, a lot easier! Head to www.aeroflowbreastpumps.com/startup to have them help you qualify for a free breast pump through insurance.
All of our sponsor offers are available on our website for you to grab the perks and discounts offered to podcast listeners: http://startuppregnant.com/sponsors.
THE STARTUP PREGNANT PODCAST & HOST
- Startup Pregnant
- Startup Pregnant on Facebook
- Startup Pregnant on Twitter
- Sponsor the Podcast
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org